No Eye Has Seen

From the very first time I read this verse when I was young, I've loved it. And yes, I know I say I "love" a lot of things ... but I really do love this verse. So I just HAD to make a print with this verse on it!

No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has imagined what God has prepared for those who love him.   • 1 Corinthians 2:9 •


I could read it over and over countless times, and I'm confident that each time I'd get the same butterflies in my stomach and smile on my face thinking about the reality of this passage. Our pathetic {although wonderfully made} minds cannot even come close to comprehending all that God wants to do in and through us for His kingdom. Sure, we may have primitive ideas of the potential we've been created with, but we can't even fathom all that God has in store for us once we leave our temporary home here on earth.

I was reminded of this as I sat earlier this week at church, celebrating the life of an incredible woman who left this earth much too soon. Selfishly I say that, even though I know God doesn't make mistakes and He took her home exactly when he saw fit. As I listened to others share about the impact sweet Debbie had on so many in her short life, I couldn't help but wonder what people would be saying if it was me. What would people say about me and how I lived my life? That's a sobering thought. It made me pause and think a lot about living intentionally, so that others may see Christ in all that I do and say. We have such a short time here – what are we doing with that time?

I've often talked with friends about how important it is the teach our kids to live with an eternal perspective. This goes completely against everything our culture today teaches - the world is all about "living for today" and "saving the best for yourself", but the scriptures call us to live with a purpose and to share what God has blessed us with, understanding that one day very soon we will all stand before the King to give an account for how our days on earth were spent. My heart aches thinking of all those who haven't accepted the hope and salvation that is available to each and every one of us through Jesus Christ. My prayer is that every word that comes out of my mouth, every thought that I have, and everything that I do will be honoring to Him so that others may see his love and grace through me. What a glorious day it will be when we enter through the pearly gates and He reveals all that He has prepared for us!


Photobucket

Comments

Popular Posts