Back at it...or somethin' like that

Ahhh, summer. Everyone loves it with all it's glorious weather and memories in the making. It's blissful ... unless you're a freelance graphic designer married to a teacher/administrator with young children AND a husband who are home for an extended period of time. I love summer, yet, I also subconsciously dread it because I know I'll be trying to juggle everything – and let's just be brutally honest, summer is a challenge for me.

BUT, we're almost at the end of it. The hubs is back to work. The kids go back to school in about two weeks. Then all will be right with the world, right? Uh, probably not. However, I'm giddy thinking about being able to get {uninterrupted} work done during normal business hours. Hallelujah.

Well, there have been many things over these summer months that have gotten my creative juices flowing ... haven't necessarily had the time to do anything with my ideas beyond jotting LOTS of things down on my trusty Post-it notes. This all changed, though, when a conversation with my little man about his favorite Newsboys song left me explaining to him what the word "surely" meant. We had a kid-sized conversation and then he said, "But mom, are there any other songs that use that word?". I busted out singing a song from my childhood..."Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me, all the days, all the days of my life...". As I sang, it was like one of those "aha" moments where, as I sang this little tune, my wacky-designer brain quickly assembled the typography for a new print.

And here we are – two days later. I've managed to sneak in a few minutes here and there to work on getting what I was seeing in my brain on to the computer ... in between loads of laundry, running kids to therapy appointments, making meals, fielding client phone calls & emails, keeping everyone alive {a.k.a playing referee between the kids}, etc. I've finally gotten the print design on screen how I saw it in my head as I sang those lyrics, a passage from Psalm 23. I'm SUPER excited to share it with you, so here it is!!!



It's all listed in the Etsy shop, so if you like it - share it with your friends!! Tweet it, Pin it, Share it on Facebook & Instagram ... go nuts.

Stay tuned for more prints {hopefully} soon. My brain is exploding with ideas. For real.

Photobucket

Comments

Popular Posts