10:10:1 Challenge Update: God is SO GOOD!

Oh sweet friends, I have been blown away by how so many of you have shown love and support to my dear friends Heidi and Andy through the 10:10:1 challenge we threw out 10 short days ago! A week and a half ago, I sat with Heidi putting together the blog post in my dining room as my husband and kids were frantically packing to go out of town for some much-needed time away. I'm pretty sure Heidi felt as frazzled as I did while we tried to throw together a last-minute fundraiser idea in the midst of everything else that was going on at the time. An hour after the blog post went live my family and I were on our way to the cabin – well in to our 2 hour drive...and I'd been praying the entire drive. Praying that God would be glorified through all of this. And praying that God would use this experience to build, not only the faith and confidence of the Schneider family, but also of others who may be watching this all go down - especially others who may be feeling the call to adopt but aren't sure if they can afford it.

Over the course of last week, I got a few updates here and there from Heidi {whenever I actually could get a cell signal} - it was fun hearing how God was working and people were so generously giving, many of whom had never even met Heidi & Andy! Well, I wanted to share with you an update quickly. As of this morning {while Heidi & Andy were on their way to Tampa}, the total raised in the past 10 days is $1,903, plus a few "checks in the mail" that have yet to arrive. WOW. God is SO good when we trust HIM! Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU to all who gave!!!

As I mentioned, Heidi and Andy are on their way to Tampa and the birth mom is scheduled to be induced on July 11th. Now we need you all to pray that the next several days will go smoothly for all parties involved. Please pray for peace and comfort for Heidi and Andy as they wait, and for their two boys who are back home spending time with family and friends. But more importantly, please lift up this courageous birth mom who has realized she can't provide for this sweet baby boy the way she'd like to and has chosen Heidi and Andy to be his parents. I can't even fathom having to make that choice, but as with every other aspect of this process, I'm confident that God has His hand in all of this and that He has AMAZING plans for this little man! Pray that God will give the birth mom comfort, peace, and confidence in her decision.

Thank you, friends!


Comments

Popular Posts