A Bittersweet Celebration

Well, we're back in to our chaos "routine" after Christmas break {and what a glorious break it was!}. Hopefully you enjoyed a wonderful Christmas season with family & friends like we did!

I wanted to share a very special project I had the privilege of working on shortly before Christmas...this was definitely a "first" for me. My brother {Jesse} and his wife {Jodi} welcomed a beautiful baby boy {Isaac} back in August, sadly though, the Lord took his brother {William} to be with Him during the pregnancy. There are many things in life that we just don't understand – and this is one of them. But we take comfort in knowing that this was God's plan from the beginning...and that William is safe in the arms of his Creator, waiting to meet his mama, daddy, twin brother & big sister some day {he's gonna get a big hug from his Auntie Aimee, too!}.

My sister-in-law asked if I'd be willing to design an announcement that celebrated Isaac's arrival but also mentioned William's passing. As I said, definitely a "first" for me as a designer {and sister/sister-in-law, aunt, etc.}, but I was honored she asked. The first thing I did was look around a bit to see what else was "out there" for situations like this. Wow, it was shocking how little there was. I literally found nothing. So I started from scratch. The hardest part was finding the right words for William's portion of the announcement. But with the help of my sister-in-law, we found the perfect words to celebrate both of the boys.



As I began thinking over Christmas break about what direction to go with Red Letter Ink in 2013, it became very clear that there's a huge need for prints, cards, and invitations that address/celebrate these types of often unexpected & unique life situations. My hope is that this year I'll be able to add many more meaningful designs to our Etsy shop, including adoption announcements, birth announcements {for all situations}, and memorial prints as well. We're excited to see where God leads this year!


Photobucket

Comments

Popular Posts